Linmodem Support?

> Are linmodems (pci modems) supported officially
> in rhl ? Do i need to
> pathc my kernel if i want a support for theese
> modems ?

As far as I know they are NOT supported by Red Hat. You may be in luck if your
internal modem uses a Rockwell/Conexant chipset. Linux drivers for those can
be fount at: http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/. I have had good success with them
but am looking forward to DSL in the next week or so.

The drivers in question load as modules and don't require tweaking your
kernel.

Bests

Jon Savage
Long Beach, CA