Re: Deploying custom application to all users

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 01:50, faisal gillani wrote:
> Well i would like to install a custom application for
> all the existing user as well as any new users that
> will be created i want a shortcut on the desktop if
> possible  is it ? how ?

As far as for all the new users, create the correct directory structure
into /etc/skel, so if you are using Gnome, you would create:

/etc/skel/.gnome-desktop/some-app.desktop

Where the some-app.desktop is the desktop icon of the app ;-)

The when new users are created, it will copy the entire contents over

As far as the old users, I'm afraid you have to copy it manually, a quit
few line in bash should do it.

Mark