Re: Resolution Help

Ryan McDougall wrote:
> Well that did it, although I did use a different ModeLine, but it worked like a
> charm once I got it typed(copied) in their correctly. Oh thank you so much for
> your help you rock!!! All of you rock for your help on this situation!!
>
> I don't suppose you know what the break down of the ModeLine is do you what
> each section means, I mean one part is in quotations and the rest isn't. Oh

The name is in quotes, referenced later in Display subsections of the
Screen section. That's why changing the "1024x768" modelne in the
Monitor section changeed what was used.

> well not too big of a deal just curious. Oh by the way I used the line:

It's in the XFree86 documentation. The XF86Config man page has the
definitions. There's documentation on the XF86 web site about creating
them, and what each part really does. You can generate some unusual
resolutions this way.

> ModeLine "1024x768"   65.0 1024 1048 1184 1344    768  771  777  806 -hsync
> -vsync

The numbers are:
dotclock , hDisp, hSyncStart, hSyncEnd, hTotal, vDisp, vSyncStart,
vSyncEnd, vTotal

The end is other mode flags, like sync polatrity, doubleScan and Interlace.

As mentioned xvidtune is the easiest way to generate the modelines.
You can test the setting until you like one you like, then add it
to XF86Config for future use.

	-Thomas