re: gnome2 orrible panels

Why has gnome2 gone overboard on less is more?  Whats the point of
having a panel properties option if you only get to change a few
options?  How do I change panel object movement type? Kill Grouping? etc
etc.  I've tried to look for files, but there seem to be lots with
strange names like hammer-0029ddb35f.desktop.

Is this just because no one's got around to better configuration
programs or is this what I have to live with from now on?  Because thats
enough to send me back to 7.3.
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!