smtp auth help

Hello all-

I'm trying to learn to set up a mail server, and am having difficulty
finding any definitive source on how to enable SMTP AUTH as it is
included with RedHat 8. If anybody has any suggestions or could point
me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I just want to
have the users of my smtp server to have to log in to avoid problems
with spam relay.

Thanks!

-nick