Re: cdrecord obsolete

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 09:51:37 -0500
w <ghwbush@earthlink.net> wrote:

#
# I'm more satisfied with rh now than I was under 7.2 .. but, only
# because I can upgrade it myself .. otherwise, I would have switched to
# Mandrake.  I don't like Mandrake, because it's more buggy on my
# machine than rh.

Did you ever stop to think that it was more buggy because they were
updating to brand new released software all the time, without regard to
quality assurance?  A  lot of Red Hat's stability comes from the fact
that they QA all software before releasing it out to the public.  This
means that updates come a lot fewer and farther between, but you are
usually pretty damn sure that the update won't hork your box.

--
Jesse Keating
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: