Re: whither gfontsel ?

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:36:07AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hal Burgiss <hal@foobox.net> writes:
> > Is there a gnome2 equivalent to this? I don't see anything with the
> > same functionality (other than xfontsel).
>
> GTK2/Qt3 are using the new fontconfig/Xft2 fonts, a fontsel thingy for
> those would be relatively pointless.

I see the rationale, but I found it a quite useful utility for other
purposes such as, for instance, comparing abobe helvetica vs urw in
different sizes without having to launch an app, or to see which fonts
are proportional or not. I miss it :(  (Yes, I know there are other
ways, but gfontsel was quite good and not as butt ugly as xfontsel).

> Because you started gnome-settings-daemon (only supposed to be running
> when using GNOME). gnome-settings-daemon "implements" the GNOME
> settings.

Ah, OK. Thx.

--
Hal Burgiss