Re: cd burning with cdrecord

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Gerry Doris wrote:

> > I tried with diferent media.. and I getting the same
> > results, all of them say that I can write at 16x...
> > strange
> >
> > Rigo
> >
> >>It's the cdrw you're using. Look at the package the
> >>cdrw came in. Does
> >>it say something like 1x-4x or 4x Multi Speed? If it
> >>does the max speed
> >>you can write to the cdrw is 4x no matter how fast
> >>your
> >>cdrw drive is.
> >>
> >>This can't be changed because the 4x speed limit is
> >>hardcoded in the
> >>cdrw media itself and your cdrw drive and cdrecord is
> >
> >>using it to set
> >>the max writing speed of the drive.
> >>
> >>This is what cdrecord is telling you via the
> > following
> >>lines.

> >>for
>
> You may want to consider going to the cdrecord website and downloading the
> latest copy of the rpms.  The author claims that the version shipped with
> RH 8.0 is broken and shouldn't be used.  He has rpms for RH 8.0 available
> on his site.

It is refering to X-CDRoast, though I wouldn't say the version of
xcdroast Redhat ships is broken, the versions Redhat shipped with
7.1,7.2 were outdated and the xcdroast directory had the
wrong permissions set. Found out when I tried upgrading the package
that came 7.2 with the most recent one at the time from the xcdroast
home page.