Re: where are boot-time options "ip" and "noinitrd" doc'ed??

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Thomas Dodd wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   i'm playing with an embedded linux and i can boot using
> > boot time options "noinitrd", "ip=" and "nfsroot=".  but other
> > than noinitrd, i don't see where the other two are documented.
>
> Chek the kernel docs. Both are listed in kernel-parameters.txt
> in either /usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/ or
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-<kversion>.
>
> nfsroot is for NFS root filesystems, diskless clients.
> ip is related to PNP, but I don't know what it does.

ack.  you're right -- even better, the kernel docs have an
"nfsroot.txt" file, which is exactly what i was looking for.
and that file has a nicely-detailed explanation of "ip=".
at this point, i have my little motorola controller running
nicely, NFS-mounting the root FS from my laptop.  cool.

rday