Re: mounting fat32 partitions - reply to aaron.

aaron,

i actually do this....

/dev/hda  /mnt/fat32    vfat     umask=000 defaults 0 0

i'm not sure what you mean by it being wrong. it works great sticking it
in there! like i said, not very experienced. i do a lot of things which
you're not supposed to do, only because i can then get it working. for
example, my microdrive could be in my card reader or my pcmcia slot. if
it's in the card reader, then /dev/sda1 gets mounted. if it's in the
pcmcia slot (at boot up) then a little line in my rc.local gets
/dev/hde1 mounted.

can you explain why it's not the correct way to do it? are there any
disadvantages to doing it the way i suggest i want it to mount at boot
time and my way works fine for me.

hoping to learn..........

andrew.