Re: needes libGLcore.so.1

--- Tony Nugent <tony@linuxworks.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu Oct 31 2002 at 10:57, Tony Nugent wrote:
>
> > On Wed Oct 30 2002 at 16:02, Charles Griffin
> wrote:

> Linux. I recently
> when they log on to
> that I need
> that when you chose
> installed. What do I
> this dependency.

> > > This sounds like a 3d video driver issue.  What
> kind
> > > of video card do you have and have you installed
> the
> > > necessary drivers for it?
> >
> > If he has an "everything" install, then the
> library is there.
> >
> > Have a look in /etc/XF86Config and check the
> Modules section, you
> > should have in there:
> >
> > 	Load	GLcore
> >
> > If this is missing, then adding it (and restarting
> the X server)
> > should do the trick.
> >
> > If not, then I'll be suprised (something else is
> misconfigured).
>
> Oops, there's more to this issue than I first
> thought :)
>
> The XFree86 package provides
> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extenstions/GLcore.a
> which is the module I was referring to above.
>
> Nowever, /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 is something that
> is provided by
> the NVIDIA_GLX package (and probably some other
> third-party
> xfree86 drivers).
>
> It seems to me that the binary rpm for the game was
> build on a box
> that had this library installed, and as a result one
> of its
> dependencies is this particular library.
>
> It may be possible to install the game with "rpm
> -ivh --nodeps" and
> it will work anyway.
>
> If not, then I would suggest that you get the
> .src.rpm for that
> package, then use "rpmbuild -rebuild" to regenerate
> useable binary
> packages that can successfully installed.
>
> If the box does have an nvidia video card, then I
> would suggest that
> the linux nvidia .src.rpm packages (from nvidia's
> web site) be
> rebuilt and installed - after which the game will
> install no
> problem.  (Beware, if you do this, follow the
> install instructions
> very carefully, especially noting the changes that
> are required to
> the /etc/X11/XF86Config file).
>
> Cheers
> Tony

I think I had an issue like this once and it turned
out it was a symlink issue with the nvidia libraries.
I think the libGLcore library was still pointing to
the MesaGL rather than the nvidia library (something
like that).  Fixing the symlink solved the problem.

I still go back to my original question -- have you
already installed the nvidia drivers?  If so, perhaps
a recap of what you've done so far might help.

Charles