Re: needes libGLcore.so.1

On Wed Oct 30 2002 at 16:02, Charles Griffin wrote:

> --- Tony Gloster <tony@tonygloster.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> >  First let me state that I am fairly new to Linux. I recently
> >  tried to install a game for my kids to play when they log on to
> >  this box. The package installer is telling me that I need
> >  libGLcore.so.1 . I was under the impression that when you chose
> >  an "everything" install, everything gets installed. What do I
> >  need to make sure I have in order to resolve this dependency.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > TG
> >
> This sounds like a 3d video driver issue.  What kind
> of video card do you have and have you installed the
> necessary drivers for it?

If he has an "everything" install, then the library is there.

Have a look in /etc/XF86Config and check the Modules section, you
should have in there:

	Load	GLcore

If this is missing, then adding it (and restarting the X server)
should do the trick.

If not, then I'll be suprised (something else is misconfigured).

> Regards,
> Charles

Cheers
Tony