RHN-register

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!

>> May I humbly request PLAIN TEXT EMAIL,
>> PRETTY PLEASE! That tiny font of yours is s little rough
>> on my ageing eyes.

I am using a webamil aservice from everyone.net on my domain.  I do hope that it is sending plain text, but, frankly, I don't know.  Perhpas I should alter my subscriptions to use my POP3 mail...but then, I use Moz mail, and I think it sends html...but then, again, I can alter that, I am sure.
tony

>> I've been using up2date on my previous Redhat versions for a long time, but
>> I've somehow fouled up my new RH8.0, so that I can't run up2date (yes, as
>> root), and when I try to I get:
>>

>> Error Message:
>>     Please run rhn_register as root on this client
>> Error Class Code: 9
>> Error Class Info: Invalid Server Certificate.
>> Explanation:
>>      An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
>>      persists please submit a bug report to rhn-help@redhat.com.
>>      If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
>>      details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
>>      details on how to reproduce this problem.
>>
>> But... there doesn't seem to be any rhn_register.

I had this same issu upon install.  I deleted my old profile from RHN, (my 7.2 one).
I also learned that rhn-register has been replaced with up2date --register.
(thanks to this list).

Tony

http://linux.school-library.net
FREEDOM for schools!  FREE at LAST!!!

On another note...I must say that I am increasingly happy with Psyche and believe that I have reached a true turning point.  I believe I can say in all truth that I can now do 95% of everything I want with my computer without ever booting Doze!  I am checking on a new driver for my scanner, too, which was previously unsupported at sane (Umax Astra 3400).  If I could only find a suitable means of creating nice cd labels I will be at 99%, (I've tried kcdlabel and onother progr, but niether seemed to work for me--course, that was with enigma, perhaps n0w?) and, if I had vmware (dough) I would never boot doze again.  (Hey, Reader Rabbit still needs doze, and I am a single daddy with a 3 year old princess...)  There is no turning back now, as I see it, and believe that I can comfortably assert that I will NEVER purchase another M$ product....Of course, I am also awaiting the arrival of an iBook that shipped on the 24th, too.  I am eager to play with Darwin and learn even more abo!
ut 'nix.  I have ordered the MacGIMP, too, and intend to continue using OSS for all of my computing needs.  I am also taking part in the OSS community by uploading my photographic screen wallpapers to KDE-Look.org.  I am truly feeling at home and a part of the community.  I;ve even learned enough in the past 8 months that I feel I can assist others on some of the more superficial issues.
I am a language arts teacher and my school intends to upgrade to OSS over the next two years (by, bye win2k, by, bye Bill).  the tech admin is an old unix hacker (she loves OS X).  We have about half Macs and half PCs.  I believe we will end up running BSD servers, likely, but I am pushing for Redhat on the desktop PCs.  IMHO, Redhat is now the thing for desktop PCs.  Of course, I have only tried about 4 distros (not slack, suse or mandrake).
Okay, I'm ranting, but, at least it is a favorable rant!
Now, i have to write a test on Greek Myth...

Tony