Re: firewall configurator.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:58:23PM -0600, Alejandro Gonz?lez Hern?ndez - Imoq wrote:
<snip>
> Do you know a tool that will allow me to do such conversion? Any other
> tool more new-iptables-user intuitive?

For iptables newbies, I would recommend going to :

http://firestarter.sourceforge.net

and downloading the latest Firestarter. It needs the Gnome libraries installed.
There are also other firewall builders around such as FIAIF and Firewall
Builder. The advantage of these tools is that they make robust firewalls so
you can be confident in their security. Once you have a working firewall up,
you can study how they are put together and gain an understanding of iptables
syntax and structure. Then you can go ahead and adapt the existing rules if
so required.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg@shaw.ca