Re: Really Playing (thanx Neil), still not printing...

> A local lug fellow has suggested that my problem may be that I installed both CUPS and lpr.  How might i remove CUPS?  Can I do a rm CUPS, or something?  Or can I just find the file and delete it (that always makes me nervous).
> If I can get the printer solved, I'll feel like I am 95% up and gone (never quite seem to make 100% with this stuff, but 95% is good!).
> Anyone?

use redhat-switch-printer to assure that you have the system you want to
use selected.

use /sbin/service cups stop to make sure the cups server is not running.

use /sbin/service lpd start to make sure the lpd server is running

I use cups, so can't remember where the lpd printers are configured, but
it is somewhere obvious in the menus.  There are a lot of drivers
included, so you might want to make sure the one you want isn't already
available before downloading drivers from other locations.

--
gerry
_____