Gnome panel keeps crashing

I can't reproduce this report.  Is this a known bug?  Any workaround?

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166948

"After feeling that redhat 8.0 was good to go I have run into a problem.
The menubar/panel in gnome keeps crashing. Thought it was a fluke and
reinstalled the OS fresh with the hopes it would go away. No dice, it
comes back. The first time this happened was when I tried to change the
mouse pointer to a larger size. After installing the OS from scratch it
happened when trying to run up2date. Something wrong with my setup??
Wasted way too much time today trying to fix it. Any help would be
appreciated. This only affects the menu bar/panel and the rest of the OS
seems fine. I just can't use the menu bar/panel and an annoying error
message stays on the screen."