Re: where to find "test page"

At 07:07 PM 10/26/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>hi Mike,
>yes I have. Have for example an own index.html but it does NOT appear,
>if I do a "http://localhost/"; at first I generally see this tespage. and
>I don't have any other index-like file there. the above mentioned file
>index.html I have renamed to index-de.html.org, so I cannot get trouble
>with it.
>
>was looking also in the httpd.conf-file, but couldn't get an answer of
>any hided index.thml, index.shtml or whatever "index....."
>
>exactly that is the reason, why I'm posting this question.
>hope to get some hints and ideas ?

      It is in the directory that Apache looks to when it encounters
errors.  Sorry, I'm not at the machine, and don't have a httpd.conf file
handy to look at.  But if you look at your httpd.conf file carefully,
you'll find a directive section that indicates the directory where Apache
will look when it encounters errors.  The test page is there.