Re: Sawfish Window Manager Choices Don't Work

On 10/26/02 16:58 -0400, Sean Bossinger wrote:

> > When I go to Start|Preferences|Control Center|Extras|Sawfish Window
> > Manager, none of the choices within the Sawfish window respond.
> >
> > How to fix?  In particular, the new focus when toggling among
> > gnome-terminals is not what I want.
> >

> You're likely not using Sawfish, if you are using RH8 out-of-the-box.
> If you are using the GNOME desktop, you'll be using Metacity.  What you
> want to do is Start|Preferences|Window Focus.
I find that okay, but that doesn't fix what I want to do.  What I want
is that on Alt-Tab, I the new window/terminal comes forward.  What I get
is a little box showing the name of the window.  Highlighting changes
around the frame of the window about to get forcus.  I simply want the
old behaviour.

In the alternative, I'd like to know how to switch between window
managers.  While I don't dislike metacity, I found Sawfish worked well
for me.  I don't find any tool to switch window managers.

John