Re: Mplayer setup problems

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:57:17 -0700
Curtis Vaughan <curtis@vostok1.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix it?
>
> When trying to run mplayer, I get the following error:
>
>     It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
>     Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support, and read Xv section of
>     DOCS/video.html !
>     See 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers. Try
>     -vo x11 Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo)
>     device!
>
>     Total Unfree 4096 bytes cnt 1 [(nil),0]
>
>     Exiting... (End of file)
>

> And if I run xvinfo I get:
>
>     [root@Dell3800 Downloads]# xvinfo
>     X-Video Extension version 2.2
>     screen #0
>      no adaptors present
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curtis

Getting a bit off topic...

What video card are you running? xvinfo shows the driver you are using
for it doesn't support xv.

Do what the message suggests (mplayer -vo help) and pick a different
video output driver ("mplayer -vo sdl" for example), or maybe you can
find a different driver for your video card that supports the xvideo
extension.

Check mplayer's site. There's a ton of documentation that would prove
very helpful.