Re: Real Audio and Red Hat

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 14:03, Steven Rubenstein wrote:
> Why is that RealPlayer 8 (and RealOne configures itself in Windows, but
> not Linux?
>
> In Linux I have RealPlayer 8 set up as a Netscape 7 plugin.  I have read
> all the documentation I can find and have set /etc/sysconfig/iptables
> accordingly (to the best of my ability).
>
> Nevertheless, when I try to "self-configure" RealPlayer to find the a
> route to the server, it can't.  It does open when I click on a Real
> Audio link, but after a few seconds, it gives up trying to connect.

Behind my NAT'd interface with iptables, I've not found a problem with
reaching sites... that set to Automatically Select Best Transport.
I've just tried the "Auto Configure" button - and that comes up with the
same error as you quote - however it does work to the BBC here in the
UK.

realplay
rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio2/live/fmg2.ra

Not sure if you are aware of Real's support bulletin board dedicated to
Unix players- but you might have more luck searching the archives /
posting over there.
http://realforum.real.com/cgi-bin/unixplayer/wwwthreads.pl

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP
:	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk