Re: Webmin

--- Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> No - I don't think that you'll find it among the 3
> cd's and it's decent
> for admin MySQL but phpmyadmin more powerful but I
> always worry about
> phpmyadmin security.
>
> Webmin has so many great tools though...

Webmin is a good utility. I will say that admin'ing a
mySQL DB isn't really all that complex when compared
to other proprietary solutions such as Oracle, among
others. I always recommend learning how to use the
commandline tools above all the rest because those are
the ones that most of the GUI tools are based off of
anyway. Think of it this way: If one of those GUI
tools breaks, and you have to wait for someone to fix
them, what are you going to do in the meantime other
than twiddle your thumbs?

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>