Re: promise PDC20267 controller...

I can't answer this but I have a Promise PDC20276 controller on an Asus
P4T533 motherboard that I've given up using in favor of Redhat's
software RAID capability. However, I evidently have a bad component
somewhere because I'm plagued with segfaults pointing to memory or CPU
problems that I'm still unable to zero in on. So I haven't used my
RAID-enabled machine much in the last week+.

Consider trying software RAID. It has one downside: if your system shuts
down uncleanly it takes a long while for the RAID array to be
reconstructed (although the process is automatic and others in this
forum have given me good advice on parameter changes.) Other than that,
it does seem very nice. Probably it is better to manually configure the
array than it is to use Disk Druid, which seems flaky.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA