RE: Direct TV Satellite connections

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002 Robert L. Cochran wrote:
> Doesn't Microsoft have a significant investment stake in DirectWay? Or
> DirectTV?

Indirectly. I believe Microsoft is a minority shareholder of Hughes Electronics
(parent to DirecTV), but I don't know how large their share is. IIRC, this
investment was made when Microsoft was looking at DirecTV as a captive market
for its UltimateTV settop units. That initiative didn't pan out, but I think
Microsoft kept the shares.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights,
IL