Re: Desktop missing!

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 21:53, Andrew Mark Tze Liang Choong wrote:
> i'm not sure quite how but i've managed to lose my desktop. i only have the default bluecurve desktop, not my own custom image, i've lost ALL the icons and i can't right hand click on the desktop to get it back.
>
> does anyone have any idea what's going on here or how to fix it? as with previos problems i've had with psyche, it seems to have affected all users including root.
>
> i don't mind recustomising the desktop, to be honest it won't take long. but i don't know how i can even get to the stage where i can click on the desktop!
>
> any help would be much appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> andrew choong.

I can't offer you a solution, but I can commiserate with you. The same
thing happened to me a couple of days ago and I never could figure out
how to get it back. I wound up re-installing and hoping that it won't
happen again.

I've got RH8 installed on a laptop and 2 desktop machines. The laptop
has been fine and my powerful desktop as well. This happened on my
low-end desktop (266 Mhz, 1999-vintage Vaio).

Don