mail command - sendmail access denied

Hi,

In 7.3 I used the mail command to send the results of scripts to my
e-mail address.  Since my 8.0 upgrade, it is no longer working.  I
believe that this is also why I am no longer getting my log reports.

If I run the mail command in verbose mode, this is what I get (my real
host and domain where changed to myhost.mydomain):

>>> EHLO myhost.mydomain.com
250-myhost.mydomain.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
>>> MAIL From:<root@myhost.mydomain.com>
550 5.0.0 Access denied
root... Using cached ESMTP connection to localhost.virtc.com. via
relay...
>>> RSET
250 2.0.0 Reset state
>>> MAIL From:<>
550 5.0.0 Access denied
postmaster... Using cached ESMTP connection to localhost.mydomain.com.
via relay...
>>> RSET
250 2.0.0 Reset state
>>> MAIL From:<>
550 5.0.0 Access denied
Closing connection to localhost.virtc.com.
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 myhost.mydomain.com closing connection
[

My guess is that the problem is in sendmail, which I have never messed
with before.  My host does not have a DNS entry.

Can someone point me where to look to get it working?  Or is there a
better mail command to use now?

Thanks,

John