Re: privoxy

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 05:42:28PM -0500, Daniel Liston wrote:
> I think I have an answer to my own question by going to the
> privoxy.org page and reading the FAQ.  It would appear that
> privoxy IS junkbuster under a new name.  Am I reading this
> correctly?

It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is. It is correct to think of
privoxy as a continuation of junkbuster, but legally speaking
junkbuster is a copyrighted product Junkbusters Corp., and Privoxy
could not legally be called Junkbuster.  Some of the code is the same,
and some new. Probably more new than old though. The people who
started privoxy did so because junkbuster was no longer being
developed, and did not want to see that functionality wither away.

--
Hal Burgiss