Re: Add a new custom service to RH8

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Thorne" <rob@torenware.com>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: Add a new custom service to RH8

> Mike Chambers wrote:
> >But what happens if you unlink/remove it from your rc3.d dir?  Does
services
> >still see it so you can add it to a particular run level?

> While you can use a variety of tools to set up run levels for services,
> here's how to do it with chkconfig:

<snip>

> Hopefully this makes pretty clear what chkconfig is doing, and what
> service is doing.
>
> Note that if you do things this way, you don't need to mess with a run
> level editor at all, or edit any of the links manually.

Yea, I knew most of that.  My point was to the user that orginated the
question, on if he can still see his service he created if he didn't have
them linked to a run level yet, as he says he can see them when linked.  I
just wanted to know if he could see the service if not set to start, to make
a point there is more work to do so he can.  Which your email helps with
that if he can't.

Mike