Re: Mouse Mess after Video Card Change

>>> Well, Radeon 9x00 is totally unsupported, so it is using the
>>> "vesa" driver by default in hopes that the video card's BIOS will
>>> provide working 2D only support.  If it isn't working, then
>>> there's not much you can do about it other than look for a BIOS
>>> update for now, or wait until Radeon 9x00 support is made
>>> available.
>>>
>>> I've got Radeon 9x00 patches I've been testing, and will be
>>> making rpm's available soon for others to test also.
>>>
>>> No estimated time of arrival however.  I'll announce it here when  it
>>> is ready.
>>
> Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
> OS Systems Engineer
> XFree86 maintainer
> Red Hat Inc.

Wow, I hadn't realized just how slow the vesa drivers actually are.  Even
an old voodoo2 card running the Nvidia drivers is stunning fast compared
to the vesa driver!

I was watching the chess screen saver running with the vesa drivers last
night...kinda makes watching paint drying into a spectator sport by
comparison!!!  Also, when I grab a window and drag it around it doesn't
move cleanly.  I have a series of "after images" that clean up once I stop
dragging.  That never happened before.

I hope your 9x00 patches will be ready for prime time real soon now!

Gerry