Re: NTFS Support?

Thanks, this'll be a first for me, I used to build MVS (OS/390) systems
with impunity, so I guess this'll be much the same.

Bryan,

                    Michael
                    Schwendt             To:     psyche-list@redhat.com
                    <rh0210ms@arc        cc:     (bcc: Bryan Anslow/AGH/Candle)
                    or.de>               Subject:     Re: NTFS Support?

                    10/17/2002
                    09:04 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    psyche-list

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:27:11 -0700, Bryan_Anslow@candle.com wrote:

> I am trying to setup a mount point to my WinXP NTFS Partition, I have
> RH8.0 on a dual boot machine.
>
> So, I setup, in /etc/fstab
> /dev/hda1  /mnt/winc  NTFS  defaults  0  0
>
> When I reboot, I get a message that; this kernel does not support
> NTFS.
>
> Is there any add-on, or other way, that I can "mount" a NTFS partition
> in RH8.0?

The list archives would have been helpful. ;)

Consult the manuals from Red Hat on how to build your own kernel
using Red Hat's kernel config as a starting point. Basically, you
just need to enable NTFS support. Be careful and mount only
read-only.

(See attached file: attxosxj.dat)