Re: Mouse Mess after Video Card Change

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Gerry Doris wrote:

>Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:33:57 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Gerry Doris <gerry@dorfam.ca>
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Mouse Mess after Video Card Change
>
>I changed the video card in a RH 8.0 system from an old Nvidia tnt2 card
>to an ATI Radeon 9000.  kudzu noticed when I powered up and made the
>appropriate changes for the new card.
>
>I can get into X windows ok but the mouse is totally erratic.  Any attempt
>to move the cursor results in it jumping around the screen.  It's totally
>unusable.
>
>Any ideas on how to fix this?

Well, Radeon 9x00 is totally unsupported, so it is using the
"vesa" driver by default in hopes that the video card's BIOS will
provide working 2D only support.  If it isn't working, then
there's not much you can do about it other than look for a BIOS
update for now, or wait until Radeon 9x00 support is made
available.

I've got Radeon 9x00 patches I've been testing, and will be
making rpm's available soon for others to test also.

No estimated time of arrival however.  I'll announce it here when
it is ready.

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer