Re: [RH] internet sharing problem

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 19:36, Yttrium wrote:

 <large snip>

>  please can someone help me? i really want this to work so i can start =
>  using linux for 24/24??? thanx in advance ...=20

To be honest, I would recommend you use clarkeconnect firewall
(www.clarkconnect.org)
And the doc are reallt helpfull and easy.
The firewall is a bit lacking if you are used to creating youre own
firewall scripts or want more control, but will be perfect for youre
setup.

You will need a small hub and 2 more NIC cards and a old pc (p100, 32mb
ram) , but it will do what you want out of the box and once installed
you can just let it get on with it.
It also has a easy to use web based GUI, and its very easy to install
(and based on RH 7.2), all you have to enter on the install is you're
gateway IP (internal side) and how you connect to the net (ie dhcp
etc..) and thats it.
providing you point all other machines towards it, they all be able to
access the net and you can do what u want with youre machine (as it
won't effect anyone else getting on the net)

 This might not be the answer you wanted, but this the simplest, if you
don't want a hassle.

Mark

--
---
Universal Truths:

"SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF EXPERIENCE"
You'll need it to replace three people who just left.