Help! Install problems.

I am having trouble with the install on my system. So far I have tried
installing from CDROM and Floppy with mixed problems.

System :

PIII SMP 350MHZ
Gigabyte motherboard
Nvidia Graphics
P 1 40 GB HD
P 2 Zip100
S1 CDRW
S2 CDR
Firewire OHCI
Adaptec 2940 SCSI ( No devices )
Intel eepro100
Broadcom Network card

All works fine on 7.3 (as I am working on it now)

Install from CDROM :
Loads both AIC7xxx and OHCI drivers.
Anaconda fails with message about BETANAG in line 384 importing class
DefaultInstall

Install from floppy with cdrom in drive
Loads both AIC7xxx and OHCI drivers.
Fails after Anaconda complaining about mount of ext2 filesystem and cramfs

Install from Floppy with cdrom out of drive (loaded when asked for)
Loads AIC7xxx driver only
Passes through Anaconda OK, fails just before layout of drives after I select
disk druid, complians about mounting ext2 and cramfs.

Also tried these with noprobe install, which gives the same problems.

I had similar problems on RH7.3 until I swapped the CDRW from a secondary
drive to Primary.

So far I am looking at the RH 8.0 install not being able to handle the
Firewire card with the OHCI driver (first time I have ever seen this load on
install). Also I may have the drives in the wrong order - although I never
understood that problem anyway, or it doesn't like the pre existing ext3
filesystems on the HD that already have RH 7.3 on them.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Also can someone tell me how to boot from cdrom to give me a shell so that I
can wipe the hardrive.

Thanks,

Neil.

--