RE: Hard disc re-partition question

Stephen Liu wrote:>

>Can I resize each partition and add new partition as well, without
>repartition the whole drive and restore from backup.  Which process will be
>easier

What is the current status of the said disk?  ie has it only the 1 single
partition, or more than 1 partition.

If it has 1 partition only you will need to backup on to another drive. If it
has more than one partition and you want to repartition a partition on the
drive you need to check if you have enough space on a different partition to
do a backup, if you have that's cool, Life will be made a little easier, if
not, again backup to another drive.

Fdisk will only mess with the partition you specify, the other partitions and
the data contained on them are safe.

BTW what are you trying to achieve from the repartitioning?

M.