Re: Problem ompiling kernel under 8.0

----- Original Message -----
From: <steveo@syslang.net>
To: "Psyche List" <Psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 2:15 PM
Subject: Problem ompiling kernel under 8.0

> I seem to have general problems with 8.0 at compiling a kernel. I had
> problems with my own personal .config file, buit then I tried things out
> on other 8.0 machines and I'm still having problems. Here's a specific
> example:
>
> I copy config/kernel-2.4.18-athlon-smp.config up to .config and run

Before doing the above step, run make mrproper then copy your config file
over.  Then I would run make menuconfig/xconfig/oldconfig (your choice,
depending on what your doing), then the below steps.

> make clean
> make depend

I would reverse the above two, doing make dep, then make clean, then make
bzImage, make modules and make modules_install.

Side Note: if compiling same kernel version, rename or delete the
/lib/modules/version-here dir first before doing make modules_install.

Hope that helps,

Mike