Re: RedHat 8.0 + sony vaio pcg-fxa32

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 21:27, Benjamin Fisher wrote:
> Recently got a friend interested in Linux.  I was helping him install RedHat 8.0.  It worked fine.  But.
>
> 1.) The boot disk the installation made fails to work correctly.

Bad thing about those floppy things in linux is that it will fail
without telling you if the floppy disk has any bad sectors.  Before
using any floppies in Linux, be sure to format it to be safe.  You can
use "fdformat" in Linux.

> 2.)It locks up during system start-up when it gets to bringing up the loopback interface.  I spent 30 second to a minute waiting for it to do it before I decided it wasn't gunna do it.
>
> Kronos

I have a very similar laptop (PCG-FXA36), and I never had this
particular problem.

http://myplc.com/sony/
This site has tons of useful information for our Sony laptops, with an
entire page dedicated to Linux and FreeBSD.