Re: LVM resize question (howto?)

tor 2002-10-10 klockan 17.48 skrev Patrick:

> I few weeks ago at IBM I got a little demo of (something similar to) LVM
> on their latest AIX and it was quite impressive. So I installed RH8 with
> LVM. Now I am trying to make /home and / bigger (see below for an
> overview) but I am not sure how to proceed after reading the available
> docs (various commands to apply, order of commands etc). The disk is a
> 100Gig ide disk and all of it (except /boot and swap partitions) was
> given to LVM during install so I should have tons of free space to give
> to /home and /. Any experts out there who can give me some pointers how
> to do this?

There's also another LVM system, EVMS, that's more like the LVM in AIX.
It's available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/evms/, but you need to
build your own kernel to use it until Red Hat decides to put it into
their kernel (and when they do, I really wouldn't mind having JFS in
there, too).

/Robert