Re: Problems with make

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Tobias wrote:

[snip]
> When I try to hit "make" in the first step (create dclib) it says;
> (*ALOT OF OUTPUT*)
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libdc.la] Error 1
[snip]

I don't have an 8.0 system to hand right now, but:

Either you don't have the bz2 library installed on your system or the
Makefile doesn't tell the linker where to find it.
To find out if it's the first option:

[ofeeley@ars ofeeley]$ locate libbz2
/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.2
/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/libbz2.so.1

If you don't get similar output then try installing the bz2 library from
rpms.
[ofeeley@ars ofeeley]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1
bzip2-libs-1.0.2-2

If you _do_ get a similar output then you can try editing the Makefile
(possibly the CFLAGS variable) to include -L/usr/lib  or editiing your
/etc/ld.so.conf to include /usr/lib (although it's highly unlikely it
needs this as /usr/lib is a standard path!), or running ldconfig to update
the cache for ld.

HTH,
Oisin Feeley