Re: a network and a speed question

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
Rigoberto de la Cruz <rigodcx@yahoo.com> wrote:

try the modem light applet  it has an activation button
just  remember to add  /sbin at the beginning of the command.
Works for the user after i added it.  :)
Also take a  look at the /var/lock/LCK..modem  file name
if the lights dont  work but the connection does.

Nautilus is  way  slower than GMC for the desk but GMC
has been deprecated.

I use Nautilus mainly now and though a bit slower than GMC
it has improved a ton in this new release.

Richard