Re: Software RAID Syncing/Reconstruction/Recovery

Thanks for the reassurance, Justin! I'm glad to learn all is well.

I've read the Linux Documentation Project Software RAID HOWTO, but not
the Red Hat one. I'll review it.

Yes there was a significant slowdown while resyncing. The entire system
was essentially unusable. I could run both gui-based processes and shell
commands but they ran with painful slowness -- and this is on a 2.8 Ghz
Pentium 4 system! It's a good thing I still have my older, slower 7.3
system to fall back on.

Bob