Re: sendmail AUTH and STARTTLS howto for enabling remote relay?

On Thu Oct 10 2002 at 10:32, "Gerry Doris" wrote:

> > I am not having any real luck enabling STARTTLS with sendmail to
> > allow authenticated mail relay from remote (dialup) clients.

[ .. ]

> What mech's are you expecting?  If you're trying to use any of the sasl

Yes, that is what I am trying to achieve.

I should have mentioned that if outlook clients (for example) are
configured to use sasl, that's when it doesn't work.  Plain text
login auth works no problem (but as I said, I need it to work to
allow relay from "outside" the local network with user login auth
using sasl).

> ones then check the recent messages on how to get those working with
> 8.12.5.

Recent messages?  There have been recent messages about this?

I'll check the archives, but they aren't so easy to search.

  ( This list is very busy, and I only read stuff that seems of
  interest to me - heck, I do have a life :)  It is so easy to miss
  things... which is why the Subject line is so important - but
  unfortunately so poorly utilised to really describe what the
  threads are really about )-:

  Due to stuffups with my ISP (which will be changing very soon), my
  domain name disappeared from the DNS for a couple of days recently
  and I lost a big bunch of email, including those from this list.

Meanwhile, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would
be great...

> Gerry

Thanks.

Cheers