Re: central location for bluecurve gtk engines

Havoc Pennington wrote:
  I was talking with Garrett about this just today. The "redhat-artwork"
> package is intended to include a complete neutral "metatheme" covering
> Qt, Mozilla, XMMS, and whatever else in addition to GNOME, so I don't
> think we want to put it in GNOME CVS. However we can probably put it
> up on a Red Hat server (sources.redhat.com or i18n.redhat.com) and
> make tarballs available.

What about themes.freshmeat.net? There you could put the whole
meta-theme and all its subthemes. The redhat server would be nice
too, but more for the current source. And rawhide/gnomehide gives
the current meta-theme version in source and binary packages.

> Before doing this, I want to add a --with-theme-name=Foo option to the
> configure script, however. The reason is that the name "Bluecurve" is

I was curious why the name changed, guess it was the inability
to trademark "Wonderland" :)

> For convenience of people who want only the GTK themes, I'd also be
> open to having configure check for the presence of each library (Qt,
> GTK etc.) and not compile the themes for stuff that isn't found.
> (--disable-gtk or --disable-qt type options are also possible).

Both I think. Auto disable parts if the required libs are missing,
like no GTK1 theme/engine if libgtk 1.x is missing, and warn about
it, also allow the --disable-* options to force parts off so
just the XMMS, Mozilla/foo parts can be built.

	-Thomas