Re: Dialup and Nameservice question--Can't Lookup Names

Mike Chambers wrote:

>Check your /etc/resolv.conf file which should contain your DNS info from
>your ISP.  For best results, it should contain something like below..
>
>search your-isp-domain-name.com (domain.com)
>nameserver your.dns.ip.number (1.2.3.4)
>nameserver your.dns.ip.number (1.2.3.5)
>
>It may be that your resolv.conf isn't getting written to correctly or
>something.  Hope this helps,
>
>Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the info.  I tried and checked all that and played around,
and it still didn't work, but....

I eventually just did a clean install, except I left /home alone (little
movie lingo there), and this time I didn't install so much stuff and all
is working fine.  I really think I had too much installed, or somehow
what was there before the original install (upgrade) wasn't cleaned up
quite right.

Anyhow, thanks again, as now I know better what goes where.

Best regards,
Mike Dougherty