Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:16 PM
Subject: RE: several RH 8.0 questions....

What language(s) did you install on the machine with the strange man page characters?

Up2date was a little slow for me, too, but I simply waited patiently and I was able to update my fetchmail package. Heavy server loading can make it seem to "not launch" or "hang".

Were you the root user when you attempted upgrading Mozilla? You must be root when using rpm.

How did you get the Mozilla packages?

What were the exact RPM incantations you used for Mozilla? For example:

rpm -Fvh mozilla*rpm

You are not really giving much detail, we need more.  Next time consider copying the messages from rpm and pasting them into your post.

Thanks

Robert L. Cochran