One more upgrade story

	I just finished upgrading the laptop at work from 7.3 to 8.0 (I did
this one first because if anything got hosed it's not critical, unlike
my personal systems<grin>).  Here's the quick story.

	The new install graphics are very sweet.  The whole new Bluecurve theme
is very nice.  Since I was doing an upgrade the whole process was not
any different than the 7.x upgrades.  During the actual upgrade the
system seemed to hang on CD 2 trying to upgrade tk.  I switched to vc3
(Ctrl-Alt-F3) and saw a bunch of errors scrolling up the screen about
not being able to find the tk rpm file.  I switched to vc2 (Alt-F2) and
poked around and found the file /sbin/continue.  That looked promising
so I went ahead and ran it.  This started the text install (in Japanese,
no less).  As soon as this ran the actual install on vc7 (the mini-X
server) kicked back into gear and hummed along smoothly.  The only thing
I've had to do after the upgrade was change the permissions on the
serial port for my Handspring's cradle.

	I am running GNOME/Bluecurve right now and so far everything looks very
pretty.  I will, of course, switch back to my normal desktop
environment, XFce, after I'm done playing.  Basically, 8.0 is very cool.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.