Rpm -e Gnome & KDE -

I did the "upgrade" from RH-7.3 to 8.0 Sunday and things are working
perfectly with windowmaker. I attempted to select applications from the
install screens but apparently missed some in my impatience and wound up
with Gnome and KDE to satisfy dependencies. Incidentally, 7.3 was an
upgrade from 7.2, first was RH-5.2 and then 7.0.

My question is can I do rpm -e for those two packages without
introducing other problems? Things are working perfectly as is and I
hate to destroy the system and have to start over but it bothers me to
know that I have a lot of space tied up with memory hogs that I don't use.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin