Re: Problem with ISO 3

I don't remember where I got the iso's. I kept getting cut off and
trying other mirrors. They all checked OK from a MD5SUM file I got from
one of the sites. I used cdrecord from the command line on RH7.1 to burn
mine. I've not yet tried to install/upgrade from my CD's. I want to
watch this list for problems before I try upgrading on my only machine.

I tend to agree with someone on this thread that suggested hardware
problems. Since you've tried reading your CDs on different machines
(presumably different CD readers), have you tried a different CD burner?

My understanding of the md5sum check indicates that your CD has
differences in your nmh and exmh rpm files from my CD #3. For a sanity
check, I downloaded both these rpms individually from
ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/redhat/redhat-8.0/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/
and the md5sums are the same as I reported from the CD I burned from the
iso for disk #3.

John