Re: Problem with ISO 3

From: "Balandar Magister Officiarum" <balandar@hotmail.com>

> >>From: Michael Schwendt <rh0210ms@arcor.de>

> >>Are you able to copy that file from CD #3 and run md5sum[.exe] on
> >>it? What MD5 fingerprint do you get?
> >>
> >><< attach3 >>
> >
> >I also have the problem with exmh rpm if I try not to upgrade the nmh
rpm.
> >(Going to try bypassing both of those and see if the installation will
> >continue...)
> >
> >I get the following md5sums:
> >
> >nmh-1.0.4-15.i386.rpm
> >659f353f42343a2a549d68f8bf1c908b
> >
> >exmh-2.4-5.noarch.rpm
> >5f42359e776cdb7bc060711a23292743
> >

> Along with the above, I just tried to avoid both those packages in the
> upgrade process and the same thing happened again. This time with
> noatun-3.0.3-4.i386.rpm. After I click on the Ok button another screen
pops
> up with the errors that occured. The last line is the following:
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/source/.discinfo'
>
> Could that have something to do with it? And if so what should I do?

Joanne's Rule #4843: Random errors accessing data from disk based storage
of any kind are most likely related to a cable or motherboard hardware
problem rather than to faulty data on the storage media itself.

It seems that modern IDE implementations with their insane "quest for
speed" are not always getting it right. Furthermore the documentation
for these interfaces is not always accurate or clear. You may be faced
with a motherboard which features this sort of problem. If you are lucky
the problem is only a bad IDE cable.

Push come to shove I'd try an old 40 wire cable to force the interface to
a lower speed and give it a try. Of course, I would have the CDROM/DVD/or
whatever else on the secondary bus with only hard disks on the primary.
It is not wise to mix fast and slow devices on the same cable.

{^_^}