ATI Radeon 9200SE

I have an ASUS SK8V motherboard and Opteron 146 with an ASUS video card powered by the ATI Radeon 9200SE chip.
I installed Fedora Core for x86_64.

The installation always hangs on boot-up, unless I set the AGP in the bios to 4x instead of 8x.

I have a lot of questions:-

1. Is it true that the Radeon driver only supports 4x?
2. If so, is 8x support likely soon?
3. I take it the ATI XFree86 driver won't work for xorg - is that correct??
4. I don't understand the difference between XFree86 and xorg. Can you point me to an explanation
5. In the meantime, is there another way of making it work, without having to set the bios to 4x?
6. If there isn't, I think I would like to get a video card with about the same capabilities that is fully supported in Fedora Core. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your time,

Philip Pawley