Re: via cle266 and xv

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 19:07, Alex Deucher wrote:

> --- Bret Hughes <bhughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > things,
> > use

> > rpms
> > have
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what version of the via driver was included in fedora,
> > but
> > > the initial drop from via was pretty buggy.  the version in cvs and
> > the
> > > one here are substantially better.  also, if you are using a KM/N
> > chip
> > > Xv support was not added until recently.
> > >
> > > See this page for more info and newer versions of the driver:
> > > http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Thanks Alex what are the odds that a mandrake src.rpm will build on a
> > fedora box?  I will try it later tonight.  Right now I am in the
> > middle
> > of blowing a rh9 install on the box over the fedora install (sigh).
>
> no idea.  never tried it.  It may be easier to try and patch an X tree
> and rebuild.

A download and build of the current 4.4 source works great!  I have not
even got to the unichrome source yet.  scaling of a small mpeg to
1024x768 with 11% processor usage.  Way cool.

An interesting anomoly is that unclutter flickers the cursor if the
window changes.  I did not see this in 4.3.  running sawfish instead of
no wm fixes that issue.

Now for the real question.  How big a deal is it to build a rpm package
for the 4.4 code base?  I have never packaged something as large as
XFree86 and really need this to be part of a kickstart installation.

I am downloading the 4.3 srpm now to take a look at it.

Tips appreciated  and thanks for the pointer to 4.4

Bret