Re: How to launch a second X server

[Sorry to reply to myself, but the '..' in the message caused its end]

Hi,

I have a Voodoo Banshee (16 Mo), so if I want to have OpenGL
acceleration, I have to use a depth of 16 bits, but if I want
to see videos, 24 bits are preferred.

The only way I found was to launch a secondary X server on :1
but then the troubles begin.

If I launch this X server using "xinit -- :1" in a terminal from
a gnome environment brought by gdm, the new display shows up in a
black screen where I can move the mouse. But nothing can access this
server, even xinit gets:

AUDIT: Wed Mar 31 21:37:11 2004: 11509 X: client 1 rejected from local host
Xlib: No protocol specified

waiting for X server to begin accepting connections .
Xlib: No protocol specified

[ Here there is ".." ]
Xlib: No protocol specified

with these 3 last lines continuously.

If I try "xinit -- :1" on the console, the display appears and I can
use it but the initial xterm is on display :0 and "echo $DISPLAY" in
it gives :0. I can then "DISPLAY=:1 xterm" to use this new display,
but it's quite inconvenient.

This is on FC2 test2, but it happened before, so it should not be
a problem with SELinux or Xorg.

Thanks for any help.
Guillaume.